Friday, January 14, 2011

Days 1 & 2








The first day I rode from Vegas to the LA area and other than a section of I-15 that was under construction (10 miles of 4 lanes choked down to 1) with signs that said expect a 3 hour delay it was a good ride that started out at 50 degrees and ended at 80 degrees.  Fortunately in California it is legal to lane split (go between the cars) so it only took me 1 hour to go 10 miles.

Joe and I got to our friends house within 5 minutes of each other so that was a good way to get our trip started - we thought.

The morning of day 2 started with Joe working on his bike (of course I was compelled to give him a little crap for that).  We finally got started and we were about 45 miles toward Mexico when Joe ran out of gas and had to switch to his reserve tank.  I was in the off ramp off to the edge waiting for him and I am pretty sure that is where I picked up the nail that flattened my back tire when we got to the gas station.  Needless to say it was payback time for the earlier crap.

After much frustration we put a new tube in and took off to go see Bart Gabriel (Bart and I rode back to our high school reunion a few years ago).  After a visit we took off for Escondido to pick up a new tube and find a motel.  A gormet meal at Del Taco and a little time updating the blog and we are off to bed.

Stay with me, it has to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment