Friday, January 28, 2011

DAY 15 & 16

This is for two days since we didn't have internet service in the armpit that we stayed in last night.  The day started when we crossed into Guatemala and some xyzxyzxyz stole my little camera.  It is the little camera that I can take pictures with when I am riding.  The good news is that Joe has the same camera and doesn't use use it so I am using it.  It was late when we got to a town so we stayed in a motel that used to rent by the hour but we paid about $20 for the night.  My bed was like a cobble stone street and Joes was worse.  You will love the pictures.  Tonight we are staying in a Comfort Inn - the nicest Motel we have stayed in - $29/night in El Salvador. 

Saw lots of sugar cane and even a Texaco Station.  If you look real close you will seee a pig sharing the ride in the back of the pickup truck.

Driving in Guatemala is like a Demolition Derby - absolutley crazy.  I have seen 4 vechicles across on a 2 lane road.  The green rocks are the Guatemalan beautification project.  Tomorrow we cross into Honduras. 

The one picture is of me on a bridge made of steel pipes - scared the "stuff" out fo me.









Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment