Wednesday, February 16, 2011

DAYS 34 - 35 PERU

We made it to Lima yesterday and to Nazca today.  We got stopped by the cops yesterday and had to pay a bribe - it is South America after all. 



They really know how to load a truck down here.



I have more to load but it is so slow I would be up all night - will finish another day.  Sorry.

I started to load pictures and the battery is almost dead - I need to find a 220V - 110 V transformer.  More later.

I'm back - this is the hotel in the North of Lima we stayed in.  We each had a room and it was $5 each - pretty basic - but the bikes were secure.

The only picture I took while riding through Lima.  It took 1 1/2 hours to get the 35 miles through town and I am pretty sure I used all of my remaining 9 lives.


They love billboards here.



The resturaunt next to our $5 hotel - Yum.


Notice how the fog stops at the coast line.


Neat beach area South of Lima.


The shacks as we entered Lima.


We could probably afford one of "these" beach houses.


The famous Lines at Nasca:





They charge about 70 cents to climb the tower.




Our room tonight costs a bit more than last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment