Saturday, February 5, 2011

DAY 23 - 24 BOGOTA

We left Panama Friday morning - a very modern airport - you couldn't tell it from many in the US once you were inside.  I wasn't able to get any great pictures from the air; the window was scratched and it was cloudy.  The airport in Bogota was a little more basic.  After we got to out Hotel "Casa Platypus" we had to run around town looking for a few motorcycle maintenance items so we had a chance to see more "Demo Derby" driving from the back seat of a cab.  Traffic is pretty crazy and only for the brave.  The picture of the Chinese food was what Joe and I had last night - a combo plate that I couldn't come close to finishing - both plates and we each had a Pepsi and it was less than $15.00

I have included a few pictures of the courtyard of our hotel - no heat and it was 48 degrees last night.  Joe and I walked to the Gold Museum today and I have included some shots from there as well as random city photos.  We went into a church that was packed and took a few pictures even though I am not sure we were supposed to. No lightning strikes so I guess it was OK.  One of the photos is where we hook up to the internet and they serve us breakfast; which is included. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment