Sunday, February 20, 2011

DAY 36 - DAY 1 TO CUSCO

As we left Nasca we climbed 1,000 feet every 10 minutes for 80 minutes then it started to level out a bit.  This is the climb up.


These showed up once we were around 14,000 ft - no idea what they are.


This is the highest I saw on my GPS - by now it had rained and sleated on us and the temp was in the 40's.


These gals were miles from anywhere and once the one girl saw that I was taking her picture the look on her face indicated to me that she felt she should have been paid.  They learn to ask for money at a young age.  I didn't get a picture but I saw a kid that couldn't be over 4 years old sitting by the road tending his herd.  There were a few small villages above 14,000 feet - tough people.



Lamas.


Some parts were as green as Ireland - and beautiful.


This waterfall never actually reached the bottom - pretty neat!


More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment