Thursday, March 10, 2011

DAY 57 - TOUCHDOWN!

We made it - 8 weeks since we left home and a few gallons of gas and we are here.  Joe has been here 2 times before this and has never had weather as good as we had it today.  The winds were about 45 miles per hour but were mostly at out back (which is good).  It was in the mid 50's but I could still see my breath on my face shield - I had 4 layers on including my electric vest.  Snug as a bug in a rug.   It is kinda fun doing things that very few people have done before - or probably wanted to do - Ha.  A few pictures.

I am not sure why the SPOT quit sending other than I undersatnd that the satelites are too far North to catch the signal.  We ARE in Ushuaia!



This is a view of the lake we drove past going up the pass on the way to Ushuaia.


This is the sign at the entrance to Ushuaia.


This is Joe puting his sticker on the window of the Southern Most Post Office in the world.



This is a preview of how many dollars it will take in the future to buy one dollars worth of goods.  He decided to preview it in a country with a government like he would prefer.



We made it - this is the sign at the end of RUTA 3 - the Southern most road in the world.






This is me at the Southern Most Post Office in the World.


This is me carying gas to Joe after he ran out in the middle of town.


 

We will spend tomorrow exploring Ushuaia and then we will leave on Saturday and start heading North - and Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment