Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Day in Fairbanks

We didn't ride today so we just goofed off in Fairbanks.  We did a little shopping and it is fun to see what you can buy in a place where the temperature can drop to minus 40 or more. I bought a thermometer that goes from -60 to +120 - I will probally have the only one in the Vegas area -- why, I am not sure.

I got my new SPOT Tracker set up so when you click to follow me you will actually be tracking me instead of Joe limping toward his home.  The map simply shows where Iwas when my old tracker dropped off of my bike and where I was when I fired up my new tracker.

If the weather cooperates tomorrow we are going to go up to the Artic Circle, having abandoned plans for Prudhoe Bay due to the strong possibility of rain which makes the road so slick it is like riding on marbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment